Championship Tournament Playoff Games
Pre-Championship Tournament playoff games are part of the Championship Tournament and therefore will be held in accordance with the Championship Tournament rules.
Innings pitched in Pre-Championship Tournament playoff games do not count in Championship Tournament games. The number of innings pitched is the same as outlined in the Championship Tournament rules.
Any team entering Pre-Championship Tournament play will pay $75 for National and American levels,and $100 for Federal levels. Play-in teams advancing to the championship tournament will pay an addional fee at the tournament meeting. Play-in games will not be allowed to start until fees are paid. Checks made payable to Junior Baseball Organization Inc. The additional fee due at the meeting will be $150 for National and American levels, and $175 for Federal levels.
Tigard Grange Hall , 13770 SW Pacific Highway, Tigard OR 97224.
Each meeting starts at 7:00PM
July 8th: Midget National, Midget American, Junior National and Senior National
July 15th: Midget Federal, Junior American, Junior Federal, Senior American and Senior Federal
See fees due below!
Tournament Team Information
- To help offset tournament costs, each team entering Tournament play, except Federal level teams, will pay a $350 team fee. All Federal level teams will pay $425. These fees will be paid at the Pre-Championship Tournament meeting (see C. below). Checks payable to: "Junior Baseball Organization".
- Any team entering Championship Tournament play must complete all of its scheduled games; if it does not, the Championship Board may sanction the team's sponsor, coaches and/or players after review.
Each team must have a representative at the Mandatory Pre-Championship Tournament meeting.The location is Tigard Grange Hall , 13770 SW Pacific Highway, Tigard OR 97224. Meetings are on Tuesday, the week of the appropriate Championship Tournament. At the meetings, team rosters will be verified, game scorebooks may be verified, team fees will be collected and a coin flip (for home/visiting team) will be held for the first games. Coaches are required to bring their game score books to this meeting to substantiate player eligibility, etc. If the scorebook is not available and there is a question regarding a player, coaches may loose the case. Pre-Championship meeting dates will be posted here asap.
- Any player on a team roster must have played in`at least fifty percent (50%) of the team's League games in order to participate in the Championship Tournament. Submit excuses to the appropriate District Commissioner to have approved by the Championship Board at the Championship Tournament Meeting. Exception: Illness or injury excused in writing by the player's doctor. Submit to and approved by the appropriate District Commissioner on the appropriate "Player/Team Waiver Form".
- All tournaments will begin on Thursday.
- Teams must arrive at the Tournament at least one (1) hour prior to game time and contact the Tournament Director. Line-up cards must be available at least 45 minutes before game time.
- The Tournament Director will provide practice fields and pre-game warm-up for each team.
Championship Tournament Rules
All rules will be as outlined in the JBO rulebook unless otherwise mentioned.
For the National skill level, the two-hour time limit will be waived for all Championship Playoff and Championship Tournament games.
In addition to rule V.K. Page 6 Unsportsmanlike conduct. A coach that is ejected from a game during a Championship Tournament will be suspended from coaching during the reminder of the Tournament. The ejected coach must leave the facility for the remainder of the game and have no direct or indirect contact with the team for the remainder of the tournament.
- Pitching regulations by division are as follows:
- Midget Division
A youth must not pitch more than six (6) total innings per consecutive games. In addition, a National level youth is limited to three (3) innings per game. Maximum number of innings allowed during the championship tournament will be nine (9) innings.
- Junior Division
A youth must not pitch more than seven (7) total innings per consecutive games. In addition, a National level youth is limited to four (4) innings per game. Maximum number of innings allowed during the championship tournament will be ten (10) innings.
- Senior & Cubs Division A youth must not pitch more than eight (8) total innings per consecutive games. In addition, a National level youth is limited to four (4) innings per game. Maximum number of innings allowed during the championship tournament will be eleven (11) innings.
JBO Board member in attendance or Tournament Director will rule on any protests immediately, the ruling will be final.
Game delays will be for no more than 5 minutes for a protest.