Request for Proposal
2012 JBO Championship Tournaments
Junior Baseball Organization Inc. is requesting proposals from all interested umpire associations to provide umpire coverage for our 2012 JBO Championship Tournaments. Each umpire association may request the assignment of any individual, or multiple JBO Championship Tournaments. The umpires working these games will be required to treat this as a great experience, and shall go the extra mile to make this event a wonderful and memorable experience for all participants. Every attempt shall be made to staff these games with the highest-level umpires possible.
JBO Minimum Requirements
- The following apparel is required : gray slacks, black shoes, official umpire jersey, and black hat
- The following home plate umpire gear is required : facemask, throat guard, chest protector, shin guards, ball bag, and ball count indicator.
- Umpire crews shall have matching apparel.
- Two years of umpiring experience is required to be in a JBO Championship Tournament.
- All umpires are required to be a minimum of 16 years old.
- ll umpires are required to be well versed in all JBO rules
- All umpires are required to have passed a criminal background check. Any umpire with a history of violent or sexual related crimes is not eligible to participate in JBO.
- The umpire associations will be responsible to provide proof that criminal background checks have been done on all umpires representing their association.
- Proof of background checks and complete list of tournaments assignments are due 10 days prior to the start of each tournament.
- JBO reserves the right to with hold $100 per infraction if the above minimum requirements are not met for all JBO Championship Tournament games.
- Two man crews shall be assigned to all JBO Championship tournament games. Three man crews will only be assigned for the Championship game and the "What If Game" at the Junior and Senior Levels.
JBO will have one set pay scale that will be adhered to by all umpire associations.
Pay scales for the 2012 JBO Championship Tournaments are as follows and apply per umpire:
Midget Level - $40.00 per game
Junior Level - $45.00 per game
Senior Level - $50.00 per game
2012 Tournament dates and venues are established as follows:
Midget National: July 19th – 22nd, Hillsboro, Or
Midget American: July 26th – 29th, Forest Grove, Or
Midget Federal: July 19th – 22nd, Gladstone, Or
Junior National: July 19th – 22nd, TBA
Junior American: July 19th – 22nd, Lebanon, Or
Junior Federal: July 19th – 22nd, Canby, Or
Senior National: July 26th – 29th, Corvallis, Or
Senior American: July 26th – 29th, TBA
Senior Federal: July 26th – 29th, Forest Grove, Or
To submit a proposal for assignment of your association to staff a 2012 JBO Championship Tournament, please provide the following:
1) Name of your umpire association
2) Contact information of the commissioner, including phone, e-mail, and mailing address.
3) The division and level of the tournament(s) your association is requesting.
4) Letters of reference (Minimum of 2 / Maximum of 5)
5) Any comments or documentation to support why your association should be selected to work a JBO championship tournament.
Send all bid proposals to JBO Vice President, Chad Marsh.
21935 SW 106th Ave
Tualatin, OR 97062
Deadline for submittals is March 15th, 2012 by 5:00pm